We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The traditional Italian risotto is a very appetizing avocado for children, since it is out of the ordinary in their diet but they will like it because its main ingredient is rice, one of the safe bets in recipes for children.
On this occasion we suggest you incorporate the beet To the recipe, in addition to having a very healthy vegetarian dish, the beet provides vitamins and gives this beet risotto a very beautiful and original color. Guiainfantil.com offers us the recipe for beet risotto, step by step.
- 4 unpeeled beets
- 250 gr. of rice
- 1 onion
- Chicken soup
- 50 gr. parmesan cheese
- 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, parsley and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200º C. Place the unpeeled beets, with the garlic cloves and the orange rind in a piece of aluminum foil and wrap it.
2. Bake for about an hour or until the beets are soft, pinch occasionally to see when they are done. Take the wrapper out of the oven, open it, remove the garlic and orange peels.
3. When the beets are cool enough, remove the skin and mash them with a food processor, for example. Save some whole pieces to decorate the rice later.
4. Sauté the onion in the olive oil until done. Add the rice, lightly fry it, pour in half a cup of broth and stir until the rice absorbs most of the liquid.
5. Continue cooking in this way, adding half a cup of broth each time until the rice begins to soften. Add the crushed beets and the orange zest.
6. Keep cooking the rice and add half a cup of broth each time the rice absorbs it, make it al dente, that is, soft but slightly firm in the center of the grain.
7. Add the Parmesan cheese and adjust the salt and pepper. Decorate with the beetroot pieces that we have separated and it will be ready to serve.
Recipe sent by the Association 5 a day
You can read more articles similar to Colorful beetroot risotto for kids, in the category of Rice on site.